REQUIREMENTS OF DIVORCE
TO MAKE THE DIVORCE BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT
Documents needed for divorce by mutual agreement, express or divorce, are:
- Birth Certificate authenticated copy spouse.
- Birth certificate of minor children, genuine copy.
- Civil registration of marriage, genuine copy.
- Single copies of the certificates or identification. (Passport, alien identification).
- Petition for Divorce, which is prepared by the lawyer
- divorce agreement, which is developed by lawyer
- Power of attorney.
It is important to note that if there are material goods, real or personal, acquired within the community property, such as houses, cars, stocks, as well as receivables, payables, etc., must be attached documents listed below:
Deed of sale of the property such as house, apartment, lot fees partly within a building.
- Tradition and liberty certificate stating the last owner of the property, the shipping document must have no more than 3 calendar months.
- Receipt of property tax and tax year Valuation effect, paid-up.
- If it is a property that has condominiums, the contribution obligations issued by the administration of condominiums must be attached.
- If it is a credit, you must enclose the last receipt of payment of the amount of credit and a statement of the same date.
If either spouse is abroad, or is abroad, you should bear in mind that for documents of power of attorney and the divorce settlement, necessarily have to be legalized, so it can be used in Colombia, for this, you will have to present it at the Consulate of Colombia closest to their place of residence abroad, or arrange a notary, apostille document, for it to be valid in Colombia.
TO MAKE THE DIVORCE WITHOUT MUTUAL AGREEMENT MEANS FOR CASE TO THE JUDGE OF FAMILY:
When applying for divorce at the family court, should be attached or attached the following documents to the application:
- Civil registration of marriage of the spouses, authentic copy.
- Birth certificate of minor children, if any, genuine copy.
- Power of attorney to legally start the process before the court.
- If any, copy of the reconciliation of alimony and visitation for minor children, issued by the Commissioner of family.
- Documents prove that they intend to enforce in the divorce to support the grounds for divorce.
- If there are properties purchased within the community property, they shall be provided Certificates of tradition and freedom thereof, for the record in the process.
All these requirements are essential to the process of divorce, whether express divorce by mutual agreement or a divorce at the family court starts, if it lacked some of them, it is possible that the notary or the judge did not give him way, or not authorized to continue the process until it is verified the existence and annex them to the process.